UCLouvain LOCI / Philosophy
The translation of this testimony was generated automatically by a translation program. Thanks for your understanding.
My fields of expertise : philosophy / phenomenology / poetics / ethics / aesthetics / philosophy for students in architecture and arts / creative writing / literature / poetry
My way of life & actions for society :
- To enter in a permanent and (if possible constructive) dialogue with all my relationships;
- To speak about environmental causes and critical emergencies in my courses;
- To walk as much as possible for short distances (with child to school, shopping, etc.);
- To prefer train as much as possible long-distance work sessions;
- To improve isolation in my own house;
- To organize and gather my activities in reasonable time and distance;
- To give or recycle everything that can be used twice or more (printing paper R-V, 2d hand clothes, plastic bags, etc.) for no waste;
- To participate to (selected) collective actions for climate, environmental & social causes;
- To support all students’ and colleagues’ initiatives for more ethical attitudes;
- To sign petitions that make the change!
- To reduce the use of cars : not enough free parking places around the train stations and not enough public transport from the villages around (timetables not suitable);
- Many little stations closed : the use of cars is quite necessary;
- The higher price of fair-trade food & clothes…
Key changes :
- Better public transport offers (alternative smaller buses for villages);
- Public transports ticket = free parking at stations;
- Higher taxes for polluting companies and opaque investments;
- Lower taxes for financial investments in green energy (wind, solar), permaculture and new living models : like in Denmark, let the nation invest in its future (not only lobbies and elites).
Originally posted 2018-06-04 04:11:46.